You're going to be spending a lot more time with your family this summer than you have in the past. And that means parents need things to do that are: Socially distanced . . . and don't involve even MORE screen time.
Yes, activities like that DO exist. Here are the top 10 most popular ones that families are planning on doing this summer, according to a new survey . . .
1. Playing board games. (My favorites are Guess Who, Sequence, Yahtzee and straight up card games)
2. Camping in the backyard. (or camgrounds or National Parks for that matter)
3. Making arts and crafts. (We have been painting... canvases and art supplies are pretty affordable and available on Amazon Prime)
4. Reading books.
5. Building blanket and pillow forts.
6. Making breakfast as a family. (how about breakfast for dinner?? YUM!)
7. Teaching the kids a new skill (cooking, gardening, mowing the grass, doing the dishes... see where I'm going with this)
8. Making a home movie theater. (projector outside with a fire... so cool)
9. Playing with water guns. (or even running through the sprinklers)
10. Eating popsicles.
Photo: Getty Images