While you’re dragging out the holiday decorations and wrapping paper, you’ll want a festive flick to watch while you work. And as you enjoy your annual viewing of “Miracle on 34th Street” or “Elf,” you’ll need a wintery mixed drink to get you in the holiday spirit. These are the ideal cocktails to go with your favorite Christmas movies.
- “It’s a Wonderful Life” and Mulled Wine- The angel Clarence asks for mulled wine by name in this classic film, so it’s the perfect libation for you to sip with this movie. And thissweet-and-spicy mulled winewill warm you up while the story warms your heart.
- “The Grinch Who Stole Christmas” and Deviled Margarita- For the old school Dr. Seuss movie, you’ll need something green and a little spicy, and thisDeviled Margaritamade with a hint of cayenne is both.
- “Miracle on 34th Street” and Eggnog- It’s one of the most traditional Christmas movies, so of course, it goes best with this traditional holiday cocktail.
- “Elf” and Holiday Amaretto Sour- Buddy the elf can’t get enough sweet stuff, like his beloved maple syrup, and it would make a good swap for simple syrup in thisSparkling Amaretto Sourrecipe.
- “Love Actually” and Pimm’s Royale- This British rom com celebrates love in many forms and what goes better with that than a bubbly BritishPimm’s Royale?
- “A Charlie Brown Christmas” and boozy hot chocolate- While you watch Charlie Brown and the gang find the meaning of Christmas, sip on thisBuzzy Peppermint Mocha Hot Chocolateand pay homage to Peppermint Patty at the same time.
- Every Hallmark holiday movie and Sparkling Rosé Cocktail- Thisbubbly concoctionis a perfect match for those fun, fizzy romantic comedies.
- “A Christmas Story” and Holiday Negroni- In honor of Ralphie’s beloved Red Ryder BB gun, sip on this crimson-huedHoliday Negroni.
- “White Christmas” and White Russian- This holiday classic needs a classic cocktail to pair with it, like the creamy, coffee deliciousness of a White Russian.Cheers!
Photo: Getty Images