The Meghan Markle and Prince Harry interview conducted by Oprah Winfrey exceeded the hype.
Meghan dropped bombshell after bombshell. Then Harry let it slip near the end that his father, Prince Charles, stopped taking his phone calls.
Harry and Meghan are done with the Royals and the feeling is mutual. Here's some of the shocking revelations during Sunday’s two-hour CBS special:
- Meghan Markle had suicidal thoughts while five-months pregnant. When she asked for help, "The Firm" would not allow her to seek treatment because it would reflect poorly on the Royals.
- The Royals “silenced” Meghan, who followed instructions because she was told they would “protect” her. They did not. The betrayal was evident shortly after the wedding. British tabloids reported Meghan made Kate Middleton cry. Meghan said the exact opposite was true.
- An unnamed family member expressed their racist concern to Harry that his son, Archie, might be born with “dark skin.”
- Meghan revealed to Oprah that she is pregnant with a girl. Harry said, "We've got our family, the four of us and our two dogs." No more kids -- "Two is it."
- The first time meeting Queen Elizabeth, she learned with just five-minutes notice that you curtsy to the Monarch in public and behind closed doors.
- Curious how protective Harry and Meghan are of the Queen while seeming trashing every other member of the family. It's Queen Elizabeth who stripped Harry of his honorary military titles and Meghan of her favored charity, the British National Theatre.
- Harry and Meghan eloped, with the assistance of the Archbishop of Canterbury ,three days before their worldwide televised wedding at St. George's Chapel on Windsor Castle.
- Royal Family staff holds many personal possessions, including keys, drivers license and passport.
- Prince Harry is wealthy from the estate of Princess Diana. At a very young age, he was left around $20 million.
- Harry realized “history was repeating itself.” He escaped with Meghan feeling the presence of his late mother.
- Leaving for the United States meant that Harry lost the privilege of personal security provided by the Royals. Tyler Perry offered his home and bodyguards to Harry.
Photo: Getty Images