Itching to update your home but don’t have the budget for a full-on makeover? Here’s a few easy hacks you can opt for to bring in that feeling of freshness without breaking the bank.
- Change your light switch plates. There are tons of cheap and fashionable options out there.
- Artificial plants or stems bring in a pop of color to any room -- no watering required.
- Peel-and-stick tiles are great for bathrooms or kitchen backsplashes. Some can even be used as floor tiles.
- Change up your lighting with a fun lighting fixture.
- Install a floating shelf to change up your storage options and add some texture to the walls.
- Faux-marble contact paper gives your countertops a fancy facelift.
- For outside updates, try water-pressuring your deck to get rid of unwanted sediment and build up.
- Try a velvet slip cover for your couch to change up the color and vibe of the room. Or, you can always tuck a blanket into the seat cushion to add a fun pattern to the room.
- Try removable wallpaper for the back of your closet or as an accent wall in your living room.
- Install LED battery-operated puck lights under your cabinets to give your kitchen a pop of light with a modern feel.
- Paint the front door a bright color.
Photo: Getty Images