There are lots of ways to get exercise, and for a lot of people, that means walking. And it seems a lot of folks are doing all they can to get plenty of steps in each day. A new poll finds:
- 54% of Americans would rather walk to where they are going than use any mode of transportation.
- 60% say they’d easily walk a mile before considering a different way to get to their location.
- But many folks want to actually see how far they have walked.
- 46% have used a step counter to track their walking.
- The average person walks 5,900 steps a day, although most hope to increase that by more than 5,400 steps this year.
Photo: Getty Images